Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thankful for. . . . . . . . .

Larissa's wonderful school!

I know it is not Thanksgiving, but I can be thankful any day of the year. And today (and everyday) I am so thankful for the wonderful school that Larissa is able to attend. Larissa is in Pre-K at a Christian school in our community.

This school is full of so many caring teachers and administrators. Mrs. A, the school principal, stands at the main doors every morning to greet the children and parents. And she actually greets each child by name. On the mornings that I walk Larissa into school she is always ready to greet Mrs. A with a big hug.

Most mornings Larissa prefers to be dropped off at the "morning greeters." These are wonderful people who have volunteered their time to help see that our children safely exit the car and enter the school building. They are there rain, sun, sleet or snow.The children are then greeted by Mrs. M, the assistant principal. Larissa loves to greet her with a hug each morning also. (I know this because Larissa told me so.)

Mrs. M and Mrs. H are Larissa's 2 wonderful teachers. They are so full of fun and creative ideas that help the children to learn so many new things. I love it when Larissa shares about her day with me. The other day Larissa asked if she could sing me a song that she learned at school, she started to sing "The wise man built his house upon the rock. . . ." and after awhile I joined in with her. She was so surprised and asked, "How do you know that song?" She thought it was so cool that I used to sing that song when I was a little girl. I thought it was pretty cool myself!

Larissa has many other wonderful teachers at her school - Mrs. K, the librarian - Mrs. M, gym - Senora P., the spanish teacher - Mr. L, art - Miss M, music. Larissa loves the "extra" classes and knows which ones she goes to on each day.

This morning when I dropped Larissa off at the "morning greeters", I watched her go skipping into school shouting "Hi Mrs. M!" She loves her school and is always excited to go. She loves her teachers and friends. I am thankful everyday for the oppurtunity that we have to send her to such a wonderful school were she is surrounded by so many positive people and experiences. Thank you to all of the wonderful teachers and administrators who make this possible.

1 comment:

Bailey's Leaf said...

I love K-'s school, too. (I'm on school board and am not at all partial!) I even called her new-to-be elementary school (eeek!) just yesterday and had a great talk with the secretary. I've only heard wonderful things about her new school and we're very excited to check it out soon.