Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Does Size Really Matter?

First, let me tell you to get your mind out of the gutter. No I am not talking about "that." I am actually talking about televisions. We have 3 televisions in our house - one in the living room, one in the basement and one in our bedroom. The one in our bedroom is a very old 19" GE and it works great. The one in our living room is some kind of LCD thing or something, I am not quite sure of the size, all I know is when we bought it we had to buy a new entertainment center because it would not fit in the old one. Then the TV in our basement is about 9" and for some reason Myron thinks this one is just too small. He would like to buy some giant 50" plasma to hang on the wall. I just don't get it? And then you can't get just any old 50" plasma, it has to be 1080 and not 720 because apparently the 1080 has a better picture. The only difference noticeable to me is the $$$$. And then you need to make sure it has enough ports because you need one for the DVD player, one for the surround sound, one for the XBOX and maybe one for the cable. And then you have to be able to connect to the internet so that you can play games on your XBOX against other people. So how big is yours?

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Let me just say this...don't let him talk to Bill because next thing you know you will have a plasma TV. They have a lot in common, kinda scary. Right now we have 4 TV's, 2 of them are HD, plasma, 1080, whatever, one is 50" the other is alittle smaller. The other two are in the kids bedrooms but they are both nice. Bill is a huge TV guy and, yes, size matters. I will even tell you that once you watch a movie (or even American Idol) on HD you won't want to go back!!