Monday, March 2, 2009

Cleveland Auto Show 2009

Since my lease will be up this summer on the Toyota Sienna we decided to head out to the Auto Show this past weekend to check out some possibilities. Well here is what we found-

Mazda CX-9
(this was my favorite) Cute, 3rd row, great experience with my Mazda Tribute
GMC Acadia
like it, but GM is not doing so well financially, worry about warranty

Saturn Outlook
like it, Saturn division may be eliminated, worry about warranty

Honda Odyssey
has everything I am looking for, do I want another minivan

Toyota Sienna
has everything I am looking for, not been good in the snow for me
Public Transportation
not very convenient, too cold in the winter, difficult with kids
Larissa and the cutest clown ever!

Larissa chose this Saab convertible (Myron start saving your pennies now!)

And a perfect ending to the day, a ride on the giant ferris wheel!
(that is not a happy smile for Myron, it is more like OH SH**, get me down!)
On the drive home Larissa fell asleep, so Myron and I had some time to talk about our upcoming new vehicle. So many questions. Do we lease or buy? Do we go with the more spacious van/suv and lease it or do we go with a smaller car and buy it? Or as Myron said we could buy my current van (I am not to keen on this idea because my van is not great in the snow)? I would love to hear your thoughts on this!

2 comments:

Bailey's Leaf said...

We bought the Tercel that we have from our lease. In the end, we ended up paying 8 years on a 13000. car, but we had no choice at the time.

I'm not a mini van mom. Yes, you know that I have the SUV and love it. I would consider 4WD if I were you or at least AWD. Mine is 2WD, but kicks into 4WD when needed. I do have a button to switch in to 4WD if I need. The kids would fit perfectly in the SUV, which tend to be a bit roomier than before. The old RAV vs the new RAV is so much larger and even a bit wider.

Though I hadn't considered it, I would worry about an extended warranty/warranty in general. I know that the American car makers don't want us to think that way, but it is true.

You do want something that is good in the snow. You want something that will give you the room that you need to do what you need to do.

If you like the Mazda, go for it. :)

PS Missed Dorian! He didn't score the car show, eh?

Jake said...

I've never been a big fan of leases. I have never understood them other than they are a huge money maker for the dealer. I think a mid sized SUV or a crossover would be nice to have. Right now is a good time to buy. You could always buy a vehicle that is a year old and save a lot of money. Good Luck.