Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sleep

Are you a fan of co-sleeping? I have always been against it until . . . . . . . . .

Dorian ended up with a cough that lingered for about 6 weeks and for some reason the only way he would sleep was in bed with us. And that is were he has been ever since. I am not sure how many months this has been going on, all I know is it has been too long! I would like our bed to be Myron and Natalie's bed not Myron, Natalie, and Dorian's bed. I love my baby and I would do anything for him but it is time for him to sleep in his crib. It will be best for all of us. So last night I made up my mind that we needed to start working on this. Well we made some progress, he cried in his crib for 1 hour and then I gave in and took him to bed with me. So today for naptime (which used to consist of sleeping on my lap in the glider rocker) I let him cry for an hour and a half and then I had to go get him. Of course he had a messy diaper. I guess I would have been screaming too. I changed him, rocked him to sleep and he slept for about and hour and a half. So tonight, bath, bottle, stories, cry for 45 minutes and we now have a soundly sleeping little boy.

Now the question is how long will he remain sleeping in his crib before he wakes up screaming?

No comments: