Friday, January 23, 2009

Loads of Fun

Let's make that 9 loads of fun! Thursday is laundry day at our house and I do laundry from morning till night. I have tried to do a load each day but the laundry never seems to disappear. So recently I decided to have "Laundry Day." I only wash clothes on this day - towels, sheets, etc. are done on other days.


So here is the pile that I started out with. Dorian was a little upset at first that the laundry was on the floor and not in the laundry basket. He actually pulled up an empty basket and began to put the dirty laundry into it, but then he decided it would be more fun to play with Larissa's dirty socks and put them on his hand like a mitten. This went on for a good part of the day. When Larissa came home from school she was happy to see that there was still a pretty good size pile of laundry so she could dive into it. But then she decided she would wear Daddy's Steelers jersey and run around shouting "Go Steelers." So when I say "Loads of Fun" I really mean it, we really have fun on laundry day. And again I will ask, "Why do we buy toys for our children, when we can just give them a pile of dirty laundry to play with?"

2 comments:

Bailey's Leaf said...

I've been folding our mountain this evening! I'm usually a load a day a girl, but have been out of the groove. You know, when you drop the laundry down the chute, you forget that fairies don't dance in the basement to wash, fold and put the laundry away. Bummer.

Sherry said...

If I don't do ours every other day, I have a pile that looks like your picture. It is impossible to keep up with!!