Monday, September 28, 2009

Slow and Easy Macaroni and Cheese

So my friend Amy over at Bailey's Leaf is having a loving on the Crock-pot fest this week and is asking for everyone to post their favorite Crock-pot recipes to share. Since I could not come up with a favorite I just decided to post what I will be making tonight. Hopefully it will be yummy!

Slow and Easy Macaroni and Cheese

1 lb. dry macaroni
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
12 oz. can evaporated milk
10 3/4 oz can cheddar cheese soup
1 cup milk
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/8 tsp. paprika

Cook macaroni al dente. Drain and pour hot macaroni into slow cooker.
Slice butter into chunks and add to macaroni. Stir until melted.
Combine, eggs, evaporated milk, soup, and milk. Add 3 cups cheese. Pour over macaroni and mix well.
Cover. Cook on low 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook 15 minutes until cheese melts.
Sprinkle with paprika before serving.

Well I just realized that I forgot to buy cheddar cheese soup so I will have to get that before I can make anything. Oops!

I will be serving this with baked whitefish (cod) and a green veggie.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Bailey's Leaf said...

Yum! Thank you! I'll be adding this to my recipe collection!

Kristin @ Prudent and Practical said...

I've never heard of crockpot mac and cheese! My hubby loves cheese so we'll definitely be trying this out :-)

Bailey's Leaf said...

Macaroni and cheese night! :)

Thanks again!