Thursday, February 19, 2009

Job Perks

My job has the best perks! I get to be with my children. I get to watch them discover so many new things, we go for hikes or to the pool, we get to have breakfast, lunch and dinner together, I get to give them their bathes at night, watch them ride their bikes, we color and paint together, read together, go to swim lessons, change dirty diapers, take them to school and pick them up, kiss their boo boo's, get messy ravioli kisses, oh I could go on and on, but you know what I have the best job perks in the world and I would not change it for anything (even though the pay is lousy!)

All jobs have different perks, maybe you get a store discount, free food, clothing allowance, company car, corporate retreats, or maybe a turkey at Thanksgiving.

Well my dad has some pretty good job perks and we are fortunate that he shares them with us. He gets free furniture! Now let me tell you that there is usually some sort of flaw with that furniture, a scratch, a crack, a bend, a tear, but dad can usually fix it up to look like new! Some things in our house that dad has refurbished for us, kitchen table and six chairs, leather dual reclining love seat (we purchased the matching sofa), sofa table and the latest video game chair. Well the video game chair has become quite the joke in our house and here is why-

Nice looking chair, it even has some wheels (well my mom thinks it is ugly!)

Larissa sitting in the chair.

But here is what happens when you lean back in the chair. Oops!
I think we know why this was a freebie! That's okay the kids think it is the funniest thing!


1 comment:

Bailey's Leaf said...

I've always laughed at those and kind of wondered!