Thursday, February 12, 2009

Goodbye Gloria!

For the past couple of months I have been driving around with an uninvited passenger in my car. She goes by the name of Gloria. At times she could be extremely rude, interrupting my conversations with Larissa or any other passenger in my car. However, she was always there for me on those lonesome drives home on a dark snowy night, she would always chime in with something uplifting to say. At first she had the tendency to frighten me but after awhile I didn't even realize she was there.

It is funny to think back on the reactions that I have gotten from other passengers in my car. Myron just gave me a look and said, "What the heck was that?" My response, "Oh, that's just Gloria." I still don't think my mom and dad ever realized that she was there. That could just be because there hearing is not up to par. (BTW, Gloria could only be heard never seen.)

So you may be asking, "What exactly would Gloria say to you?" She was a lady of very few words, but they were strong ones. "Alrighty boys!" "Let's go!" "I know that's right!"

Well the day finally came and I had to crawl into the backseat of my too large van to hunt down Gloria. I did eventually find her hiding underneath the front seat looking rather innocent. And I am happy to say that I have once again found that I can have an uninterrupted conversation with Larissa on our way home from school or a quiet lonesome drive home from ceramics class.

I would like to introduce all of you to Gloria-

Gloria
(Madagascar Escape 2 Africa)

1 comment:

Bailey's Leaf said...

Oh my goodness. We suffered from a very similar situation. I think that it was the donkey that was haunting me. Oh, then we had the giraffe that kept going.

Those things do have an off switch. Thank goodness.