Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I can remember my first Mother's Day - I was just 3 months pregnant and I was filled with excitement about this miracle growing inside me. I did receive some cards saying something like "Happy Mother's Day to the Mom To Be!", but more than that I remember giving Myron a card, letting him know how excited I was to be the mommy of our baby. I am sure Myron thought I was being a little silly.

Little did I realize that my life would never be the same. No more sleep, no more showers (well maybe once a week), no more S*E*X, no more figure. But even better I now had this little beautiful baby girl who would bring more joy to my life than I could ever imagine possible! Seriously, Larissa was a very easy baby. She ate good, she slept good, and she was a happy baby. Myron and I often joked that if we ever decided to have another baby it would be the complete opposite.

And then 4 years later we found out just how different 2 babies could be and just how different life would be as a family of 4. Dorian was a great eater, but that was the problem if he wasn't nursing he was crying. And therefore I spent alot of time feeling like an overmilked cow! Dorian is not and has not been a good sleeper. He screams and screams and screams and sometimes falls asleep just to awaken a few hours later screaming and then I finally give in (because I want to sleep) and I bring him in bed with us. I love snuggling with my little boy!

It was extremely hard for me to adjust to having 2 children instead of 1. I was always wondering if I was spending enough time with Larissa because Dorian was so demanding of me. I cried. I thought I was not being a good mom. But now I look back and I think I can blame it on the hormones!

I truly enjoy watching my children grow, learn and discover the many things around them. I love being a mommy (most days). And the best Mother's Day gift I could receive, I already have. And that would be my little princess Larissa and my little prince Dorian.

I love you Larissa and Dorian! And no matter how big and grown up you get you will always be my little prince and princess!


Mommy with Princess Larissa and Prince Dorian

1 comment:

Bailey's Leaf said...

And my, how long your hair has gotten!

Happy Mother's Day! :)