Monday, December 29, 2008

What Were They Thinking?

My children often do things that make me ask what were you thinking! And I am sure that if you have children yours have done the same at one time or another or maybe everyday. Here's what happened today that makes me scratch my head and wonder. . . . . . . . .

"Hi Mommy! Aren't I so cute!"
And remind me again why we buy Christmas presents?
It seems Dorian would have been happy with a pack of Charmin!
(and please no Ultra Soft, we Cybyk's prefer Ultra Strong)

"Uh oh it's all gone. Can I get some more?"
I will say that this was way to much Charmin to just
throw away, so if you need to use the potty make sure you
grab a few squares out of the grocery bag hanging on the door.

I will preface this with saying, "Larissa is okay."
So what does this look like to you?????
Maybe an old milk carton with the top cut off,
take it to the recycle bin.
So what might this look like to a 5 year old??
A hat!
Not such a good hat when it is filled with mineral spirits!
Yes, our dear Larissa attempted to use this old milk jug as
a hat completely unaware of the danger inside.
So when she went to put on her newly discovered hat
she dumped the mineral spirits on top of her head and
into her eyes. Needless to say her eyes were burning a little.
To make a long story short we rinsed those eyes and made
a trip to the eye doctor. Doctor says her eyes are going to be
just fine. Phew! What a scare!!

1 comment:

Bailey's Leaf said...

I'm betting that Larissa will ask mommy next time if it is okay to use the milk carton. Oh, I would have been scared to death. I also wouldn't have known what to do other than call the pediatrician's office or poison control. I'm glad that she is well. Don't be surprised if the next we see her, we come toting a milk carton hat for her. We'll use sparkles. It'll be real purdy.

Dorian. I hope that you bought that child his own toilet tissue for Christmas. Why buy the gifts when boxes and toilet paper will take them where they need to go?

Funny, funny kids! :) Glad that you are upright and able to give the tales. Take a deep breath and have yourself a therapeutic piece of chocolate!